So you want to save a life but can't adopt right now?
Fostering is the way to go!
Fostering an animal frees up space here at the SPCA shelter. Because we never euthanize healthy and adoptable animals, we cannot take in more once we are full. Foster families provide us with the ability to save even more lives!
Fostering is great for the following reasons:
1. It gets animals out of the shelter environment and into a home environment.
2. It offers the animals a chance to get one on one socialization and love on a daily basis.
3. It is a great way to get a head start on house training and simple commands.
4. It drastically reduces chances that the animal will get common shelter-borne illnesses.
5. It enriches your life and the life of the animal you have chosen to foster.
Here is what we expect of you:
1. We ask that you come to one pet fair a week. Pet fairs are located all over the Triad area! We can provide you with directions and detailed information weeks ahead of time for each fair.
2. If emergency care is needed, we ask that you transport the pet. All costs are paid by us, but we are not always available for transport.
Here is what you can expect from us:
1. All food is provided by us.
2. All veterinary costs are provided by us.
3. We will take the animal back at any time for any reason.